General discussion

Driver for HP DeskJet 682C

By gmccargar1 ·
Formerly using Win 95 OS printer made two sided copies. It printed odd pages from back to front. turning those pages around it would print even numbered pages front to end of document. With home edition Win XP only prints single sided. HP says printer is no longer under warrenty and and a driver for XP is not available. How can this be resolved for XP to print like Win 95?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by timwalsh In reply to Driver for HP DeskJet 682 ...

According to the HP website, the driver for the 682C is included with Windows XP (hence their statement that they don't have an available driver for XP). Printer drivers determine what features are available. If the new driver doesn't support the features you are used to, you are pretty much stuck. You aren't going to find any third-party driver vendors.

Sorry.

Collapse -

by gmccargar1 In reply to Driver for HP DeskJet 682 ...

Is the hard drive with XP home edition multi bootable and will the printer operate from Win 95 for XP printing?

Collapse -

by MMerritt In reply to Driver for HP DeskJet 682 ...

If all else fails try this. With the entire system powered off, disconnect the power and communication cables to the printer, power up the system and un-install remove your printer from the list of printers installed in WinXP and related printer/driver/software.. for your printer. Restart windows. If a Win2k/WinNT/Win98 driver with the features you want (two sided copies) is available or can be download from HP try it first following the installation instructions provided. Ignore messages aboutthis driver is unsigned and has not been tested under WinXP and click continue anyway. With a little luck one of these drivers will work. By trial & error I have successfully used this tecnique on several devices that are claimed to not work or are not supported, and they work just fine!

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by hjs In reply to Driver for HP DeskJet 682 ...

You should be able to go to file,print and pick print odd pages and print even pages.I just added that printer to my XP pro machine and I get the option to pick odd or even pages in the lower left corner.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)