General discussion

Drivers For Motherboard IN810P by GVC

By Casemaker ·
I am looking for the drivers for this motherboard. The video and sound are down on the board. I found that it was made for IBM and was manufactured by GVC. It is rev A02.I have gone to GVC, IBM, Driver Sites, and Motherboard.org. I have not found anything.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Oz_Media In reply to Drivers For Motherboard I ...

WOW, that is a toughie. The motheroard actually seems to be a BCMGVC with an IM810 chipset.

BCM AND GVC's sites aren't working, another newgroup has a few people looking for the same drivers and running into the same problem, the support sites aren't working.

This link is for the BCMGVC IM810 BIOS update drivers but it is also dead as it is part of the BCMGVC website. :

??BCM Advanced Research
?@ IN810 Bios Version 00.00.11
http://www.bcmgvc.com/tech/IN810/IN810bios.htm

(you;ll need to removes any spaces that appear, but I don't think it's going to be working anyhow.)

I have found a link to the BCM site and it look sas if they have a few pages, discussion board and email for contacts. You may have better luck at least narrowing down your search there.

http://www.bcmcom.com/tech/support-start.htm
(Again, you'll need to remove any spaces that get added into the URL)

Good luck,
OM

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to

Thanks OzMentalCase,
Good Hit,The link brought me to the support site and I clicked on the support tab then on the socket 370 tab and then the IN810P and found all the drivers. If you pass this on anyone will want to install the inf files first to remove a yellow exclamation in DM for unknown device.
Thanks Again

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Drivers For Motherboard I ...

The "key" here is that the motherboard was 'made' for IBM.

Your 'best' option would be to identify the model number for the system the motherboard was intended for.
Then, you can get the driver information from IBM.

Otherwise, identify the chips used and download the reference drivers from the chip manufactures.
The biggest problem will be the sound as it likely uses a CODEC and not an actual sound processor.
Still, the reference drivers for the chip-set might take care of that.

Chas

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to

Thanks Chas,
To make things worse, the MB is installed into a clone.

Collapse -

by fred07 In reply to Drivers For Motherboard I ...

Hi

For me to assist I will need the following

IBM model #

That is a 4 digit with 2 more digits and a letter such as 6562-34U

Then reject my answer so I will be notified and I will then look up the info for you and post the link to the drivers from IBM.

fred

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to

Thanks Fred,
To make things worse, the MB is installed into a clone.

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to Drivers For Motherboard I ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)