Question

Duplicate entries in Inbox/Outlook 2000

By capri ·
Using the "rules" I have created special Inboxes for email asking that certain emails be MOVED to these special Inboxes. In every case, the emails are "copied" to the special Inboxes, leaving the duplicate in the general Inbox. How can I prevent this duplication other than going through and deleting them all?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You need to edit your rule...

by mdavenport In reply to Duplicate entries in Inbo ...

It sounds like you have constructed your rule to "move a copy..." of the messages to a special Inbox. Edit this rule to "move this message..." instead. Bingo, no copy left in the general Inbox.

Collapse -

I did this, and it didn't work!

by capri In reply to You need to edit your rul ...

Thanks for the suggestion; guess I failed to include all the steps I had tried, but this was definitely one of them. I checked that several times to be sure it stayed in the memory the way I had created the move, but still doesn't work! Any other suggestion?

Collapse -

How about process of elimination?

by mdavenport In reply to I did this, and it didn't ...

Try this then...uncheck or delete every rule that you have defined. Check for duplicates emails then. If no dups occur, re-activate one rule at a time, testing for dups in-between, until the duplicates re-occur. The last rule applied before the dups happen will be the offending rule.

Collapse -

Your suggestion

by capri In reply to How about process of elim ...

I'll try that today and will let you know the results. Thanks!

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums