Question

E220 USB MODEM

By Bannanaz21 ·
Hi people

I have a question regarding my e220 usb modem. So I upgraded my firmware to the latest version and also installed the latest version of mobile partner. There is a tower nearby i'm on the vodacom network.

Now when I connect on the network it's tells me im connected with 7.2 mbps but when I download or do speedtest I never get a result higher than 3.5 mbps.

At first I thought it might be a signal problem but then I inserted my sim card in my friends e230 usb modem and did a speedtest and download. The speeds which I got was exceeded 3.5 mbps.

So my question is: Does the e220 usb modem have a hardware limitation and if so is there any way I can bypass the limitation?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

USB MODEM Speed

by salim In reply to E220 USB MODEM

I am sure that USB speed depends on the tower usb bus system. 3.5mbs is the max speed your motherboard can through out of system.As fas as i know there is no way you can increase the speed until you change the Motherboard.

Collapse -

RE:

by Bannanaz21 In reply to USB MODEM Speed

The problem cant be the usb bus speed, eventhough i got a speed of 3.5 mbps the e230 modem on my usb bus got 7.2 mbps and my motherboard has usb 2.0 which transfer limit is 480mbps

Back to Smartphones Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)