General discussion

Error 0x800CCC19

By Prefbid II ·
I have a Win98 box that has recently been giving me fits. There are two main symptoms. One, I can no longer retrieve my email from my pop3 server. I can download mail from hotmail and I can send to my regular account, but I can not retrieve the mail. Outlook Express gives me an error of 0x800CCC19 along with the typical wording that goes with that error.

The other error is related. I can not access some web sites such as tigerdirect.com, Mcafee, and my ISP, bellsouth.net. I have IE6 andNetscape 7 on the box and neither one works correctly. I can get to most websites. When it chooses not to work, it takes IE 15 minutes before it errors out and gives up. Netscape does not ever seem to quit trying, even though it should time out in a few minutes according to the settings.

I can connect from my other PC (running Win95) and from Linux. I have scanned for viruses with the newest definition file (as of 11/25). I've reloaded my mail accounts. I do not have proxy turned on. I only have one wsock dll running. I have no Host file entry except for localhost. I turned off McAfee firewall. I reloaded IE. I removed AIM95 (on a wild guess).

Any other help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Error 0x800CCC19

by opatzg In reply to Error 0x800CCC19

Just some other clean up suggestions, erase all files in windows\temporary internet files\ directories, erase the files in \windows\temp
download adaware from lavasoft.de and scna and remove spyware.Uninstall ie 6.0 through add remove programs thenreinstall it. Good Luck!

Collapse -

Error 0x800CCC19

by Prefbid II In reply to Error 0x800CCC19

I've done those things. Did not improve it. I have also run sfc and repaired one file. Still nothing.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)