General discussion

Errors in Word 2002

By nigelpilgrim ·
I keep getting the following error in Word 2002 when I load a template I created. The template loads, but not before giving the error.

Also, I cannot use cut, copy or paste in Word 2002.

"This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other other documents to this document.
(C..\Templates\BSS Letterhead.dot)"

Another error I get in Word 2002 is:

"This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document."

I checked Microsoft's support website where it was suggested that the Microsoft Installer may be at fault, and also to install the Office XP SR-3 service release.

TO NO AVAIL, THE ERRORS PERSIST... HELP

My PC is connected to a LAN that uses NetBEUI for workgroup connections (no server) and each PC is connected to a wireless router that provides Internet connectivity.

My PC is a Compaq DeskPro EN with 128MB RAM and a Pentium III 733 MHz.

I hope someone can help me. My email address is nigelpiilgrim@hotmail.com

Thanks...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Lizzy In reply to Errors in Word 2002

I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and came up with the error message that you're getting. It's at this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291316&Product=wd2002

Remove any spaces from the link or simply search the MS site for article 291315. It also sites antoher related article, 296493. They offer a workaround, but perhaps that should be enough. The problem is listed as the OLE environment in Word as being damaged.
Good luck.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)