General discussion

Excel 2003

By soadrul ·
I have Office 2003 installed. Whenever I want to bold some text in a cell, Excel hangs and finally I get no way out of it and just needs to restart the machine. OS is windows XP and the user is a member of domain.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Soadrul

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Excel 2003 Bold Problem

by ilia.imerlishvili In reply to Excel 2003

Some of my friends have exactly the same problem. Fortunately not me.
I have no idea what is causing it.

Collapse -

Sometimes

by seanferd In reply to Excel 2003

Try changing the font and then apply bold. Does it still crash? You may have corrupted font files.

Changing or disabling the default printer, perhaps temporarily, works, especially for network printers. e.g., install or use local rather than network printer. You could delete & reinstall the printer.

You could try updating printer drivers, or rolling back updated drivers if you don't lose other functionality doing so.

Another reason this might happen is if you have a customized toolbar (this includes add-ins). Find and delete the .xlb file. You'll have to re-do any customization from scratch, so maybe make notes on what customizations you might have.

Another thing you could try is a repair operation. In Add/remove programs, choose MS Office, click Change, select Repair.

This problem has been floating around for years and many versions of Office. Haven't seen a definitive solution yet.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)