Question

Excel 2007 Links going to IE instead of the file with the desired graphic

By woehler ·
I have a file created in 2003 version in which I have links to graphics. When I open the file in 2007 version, the links try to search Internet Explorer and then I get an error message that the link cannot be found. I tried to relink and the same thing happens.

I have 2007 at home and had no problem. But when I came to the office (network version), the problem exists.

I believe it is a setting I have missing. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Could you post more info?

We need more info on your issue.

Collapse -

2007 hyperlinks not working

by woehler In reply to Could you post more info?

In a cell I attach a hyperlink to a graphic in a folder on the network.

The process of setting up the hyperlink goes smoothly. But once I complete the link, when I put my cursor on the link it automatically does a search in Internet Explorer, looking for the pictue, which it cannot find. Then I get a error message in IE that says it cannot find, and another error message in Excel that says an error occured.

Collapse -

Grammar errors

by woehler In reply to 2007 hyperlinks not worki ...
Collapse -

Hyperlinks in Excel 2007 still going to IE

by woehler In reply to 2007 hyperlinks not worki ...

I believe my last reply to this post was misunderstood. I am still having problems with my links in Excel 2007. When selecting the link, the search goes to IE and not to the folder on the network where I have the picture linked to.

The links are correct when I connect them, but when activated want to search the internet and not the network.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)