Question

Excel 2007 to WK1

By JamesFJr ·
Excel 2007 no longer supports either opening or saving to the wk1 format. There are some ambiguous explanations of registry changes that enable Excel 2003 and 2007 to open and save to this specific format, but these changes only apply to 2003, with respect to wk1's. My company will not allow us to run 2003 along side 2007 and therefore I am unable to use some third party software that only allows "wk1" formats for import. It does not need to be freeware or shareware, but it must work effectively. If anyone can point me to a solution (if it exists), I would be most grateful. Actually, if it doesn't, I see a real niche market opportunity for a crack programmer.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Ask your company....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Excel 2007 to WK1

... how they expect you to do your job if you can't save files in the format you need.

Of course, if you're not supposed to be running that 3rd party software which insanely requires a WK1 file for it to operate, well... you're on your own as far as keeping your job.

By the way, did you check that 3rd party application to see if it can import a CSV or TXT file?

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)