General discussion

Excel Formulae - 97 vs 2000

By mrs_doctor_jones ·
I am using Microsoft Office 2000 on my computer, but I have a spread sheet which was designed in Office 97. This spreadsheet works fine without any errors in 97 environment but when I try to use the same spread sheet in Office 2000, it comes up with a bunch of "!VALUE" as the contents of the cell. I am trying to understand why this is happening. I have a large amount of cells with various formulae in them.

My questions to you would be:

a. Is there a reason why this is happening?

b. If so, what would that be?

c. Also, Have the formulae changed so much between Office 2K and Office 97 that they are no longer compatible with each other?

d. Is there a simple way of finding and fixing all these formulae w/o sitting and going thru each and every formulae to try and see if they have been changed or not. The issue that makes the trace back worse is that the trace leads to a tree with each branch having a couple of subbranch of formulae.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Excel Formulae - 97 vs 20 ...

Go to Tools>Add-ins and make sure that there is a check mark next to Analysis ToolPak and Analysis ToolPak-VBA
To trouble shoot, you could go to Help and type error in the Answer Wizard. Choose "Find and correct errors in formulas"
Another thing to try is go to View>Toolbars Formula Auditing.
I'm pretty sure the Analysis ToolPak will be the answer.

Collapse -

by mrs_doctor_jones In reply to

I have a bit more clarification on the issue.

First of all, the analysis tool pack is installed.

The spreadsheet was created in the German version of Excel 95. It works fine in German Excel 2000 and English Excel 95. It does not work in English Excel 2000.

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Excel Formulae - 97 vs 20 ...

Look at:
www.acoustics-noise.com
There is an Analysis Toolpak Translator

Could you please post the offending formula?
The Formula Auditing bar will point out the dependent and precedent formulas so that you can pinpoint where the error originates.

Collapse -

by mrs_doctor_jones In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by mrs_doctor_jones In reply to Excel Formulae - 97 vs 20 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)