I am using Microsoft Office 2000 on my computer, but I have a spread sheet which was designed in Office 97. This spreadsheet works fine without any errors in 97 environment but when I try to use the same spread sheet in Office 2000, it comes up with a bunch of “!VALUE” as the contents of the cell. I am trying to understand why this is happening. I have a large amount of cells with various formulae in them.
My questions to you would be:
a. Is there a reason why this is happening?
b. If so, what would that be?
c. Also, Have the formulae changed so much between Office 2K and Office 97 that they are no longer compatible with each other?
d. Is there a simple way of finding and fixing all these formulae w/o sitting and going thru each and every formulae to try and see if they have been changed or not. The issue that makes the trace back worse is that the trace leads to a tree with each branch having a couple of subbranch of formulae.