General discussion

Exch 2000 -Attachmnts appended with .txt

By ChristieKay ·
New Exch 2000 Server. All incoming attachments from outside the domain have .txt appended to them and are not able to be opened correctly. Outgoing attachments are received and opened no problem. W2K SP3, Exch 2000 SP3 + rollup patch.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Exch 2000 -Attachmnts app ...

No real answer, but here are some suggestions:
Check for virus

Corrupt DLL try running Detect and Repair

If an inbound conversion fails, the raw message is copied to a file with the TXT file extension. For example, the file name can be Att00xxx.txt

Adjust security setting
Good luck, I'll be looking for your solution. Please post when you find an answer.

Collapse -

by ChristieKay In reply to

Thanks, no viruses, nor corrupt DLLs. Thanks for the luck wish, will post answer after #2 below.

Collapse -

by ChristieKay In reply to Exch 2000 -Attachmnts app ...

Additional info: attachments are retaining their original name, but have a .txt appended to it. Even if you save it without the .txt it can't be opened in the appropriate program (Excel, Word, etc) Will try the other items listed.

Collapse -

by Curacao_Dejavu In reply to Exch 2000 -Attachmnts app ...

do you have additional programs installed on the server or maybe a mailfiltering program. Or if you use the ISA and maybe you have installed the new feature pack with the filtering options. ??

Leopold

Collapse -

by ChristieKay In reply to

Thanks, much - Turns out that the Watchguard Firebox this company is using had decided to puke on the changes made to SMTP filtering, and was being decidedly nasty. Unfortunately for me, the tech that made the changes and saw the Firewall being bad decided not to tell me about it. We took the firewall out of the picture and all attachments flowed through unmolested. Thank you for the hint!!!!!!!!

Collapse -

by ChristieKay In reply to Exch 2000 -Attachmnts app ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)