General discussion

Exchange 2000 & 80004005 Error

By Griz1975 ·
Greetings,

I'm having a problem with System Manager. One of our Domain Controllers/Global Catalog Servers died recently and I'm getting Exchange errors.

I'm getting Event ID 8260 errors and I've read Microsoft's KB Article 272552 on this issue. They recommend changing the Recipient Update Service Properties. I was able to successfully update the "Domain" RUS server. However, when I try to update the "Enterprise Configuration" server, I get the Exchange System Manager error 80004005 message when trying to browse to select another server.

I do have IIS w/ ssl certificates for OWA access on the server as well. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by david_mckeand In reply to Exchange 2000 & 80004005 ...

Hi,

You have to update the Recipient Update Services to point to the new server. Please see MS Article #272552 for the details.

Cheers,
David

Collapse -

by Griz1975 In reply to

I found out the answer myself.

1. Install Windows Support Tools on the Exchange server from Windows Install CD\Support Tools

2. Click Start->Programs-> Windows 2000 support tools->Tools->ADSI edit

3. Expand the tree view in left panel.

Configuration Container [your domain name] ->CN=configuration, DC=.., DC=..-> CN=services->CN=Microsoft Exchange-> CN=Exchange2000-> CN=Address List Container->CN=RUS->right click CN=Recipient Update Service (Enterprise Configuration) -> find the property named ?msExchServer1NetworkAddress?

4. Modify the value to property DC name.

5. Close all the windows

6. Restart Exchange service

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)