Software

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

General discussion

Exchange 2000 Backup Exec 8.6 restore

By Computer Geek ·
I am trying to restore the information store and mailboxes from an exchange server (let's call it mail) on one domain to a different server on a newly created domain (mail2). There are issues way I can't restore them to mail.
I have built the mail2 server so it has the same OS and SP installed as well as the same version of Exchange. I have renamed the information store to be identical to mail as well as the group name. The only difference is the name of the server and the domain/tree name. I have also created a trust between the domains and granted the admin on the domain of mail to have complete access to the information store on mail2. When I run Backup Exec and enter the redirection tab on the restore I type in mail2 and get the following error:
"Unable to attch to \\MAIL2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes. Access is denied
^^^^^^
Unable to attach to \\MAIL2\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.
The device cannot be found.
^^^^^^^

I can't type in the domain first followed by the server name in the redirection field it doesn't allow the pathname. \\domain2\mail2
I did install the remote agent from backup exec on the new server though.

Any thoughts?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Exchange 2000 Backup Exec ...

No, you cannot use UNC pathnames for sotres, the store files must be copied to a local folder on the server first!

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to Exchange 2000 Backup Exec ...

Well, finally found what I needed. For anyone who has been tracking this because they need a soluation, this worked like a charm for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/dbrecovr.mspx

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to Exchange 2000 Backup Exec ...

This question was closed by the author