General discussion

Exchange 2000 Backup Exec 8.6 restore

By Computer Geek ·
I am trying to restore the information store and mailboxes from an exchange server (let's call it mail) on one domain to a different server on a newly created domain (mail2). There are issues way I can't restore them to mail.
I have built the mail2 server so it has the same OS and SP installed as well as the same version of Exchange. I have renamed the information store to be identical to mail as well as the group name. The only difference is the name of the server and the domain/tree name. I have also created a trust between the domains and granted the admin on the domain of mail to have complete access to the information store on mail2. When I run Backup Exec and enter the redirection tab on the restore I type in mail2 and get the following error:
"Unable to attch to \\MAIL2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes. Access is denied
^^^^^^
Unable to attach to \\MAIL2\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.
The device cannot be found.
^^^^^^^

I can't type in the domain first followed by the server name in the redirection field it doesn't allow the pathname. \\domain2\mail2
I did install the remote agent from backup exec on the new server though.

Any thoughts?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Exchange 2000 Backup Exec ...

No, you cannot use UNC pathnames for sotres, the store files must be copied to a local folder on the server first!

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to Exchange 2000 Backup Exec ...

Well, finally found what I needed. For anyone who has been tracking this because they need a soluation, this worked like a charm for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/dbrecovr.mspx

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to Exchange 2000 Backup Exec ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)