General discussion

Exchange 2000 inbound failure

By Computer Geek ·
We recentlly moved an exchange server (physically) from one domain to another. The MX and host records and everything have been taken care of and they are able to send and receive mails.
There is only one exception. They are unable to receive emails from one address, as far as they can tell. They can send emails to this address, it's just receiving. It bounces back.
It is behind a firewall, but I don't understand why only one address would be blocked. Could it be the firewall, or should I be looking elsewhere. Again, it only seems to bounce back from only one incoming address.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Exchange 2000 inbound fai ...

Did the SMTP virtual domain and associated DNS records also get updated?

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to

Yes, the IP Address has been updated. When I checked the SMTP virtual domain server the IP Address was set to All Unassigned instead of its IP Address. I switched it to the IP Address. Was that the correct thing to do?

Collapse -

Do you have a black hole list or spam filter running somewhere?

Was this address able to send mail successfully in the past?

Step-by-step guide for configuring SMTP virtual domains (with pictures!) is available at http://www.christensen-software.com/support/config_exchange_2003.htm

Collapse -

No filtering, and it did work before the move. SMTP is set up.

Collapse -

On the domain which you moved the server from, have you started the Recipient Update Service on it?

I know it sounds crazy, but I have seen that resolve a similar issue in the past.

Collapse -

Actually, the issue was with the senders DNS. Nothing we could have done on our side. But thank you for the tips.

Collapse -

by Computer Geek In reply to Exchange 2000 inbound fai ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)