General discussion

Exchange 2000 mailbox store

By tayoajayi ·
I don't know why my exchange 2000 mailbox store keeps being dismounted by itself. By the time i restart the server its mounted again. It does this every 3/4hours each day. I have Win2000 SP4 and ex2000SP4 running. The exchange server is on the schema master DC

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Exchange 2000 mailbox sto ...

Is it Exchange 2000 Standard and the store is over the 16 Gig limit perhaps?

Could you be running out of virtual memory and the store is dismounting?

And I wouldn't advise you to run Exchange on any domain controller, and expecially not on the schema master. Is there also a global catalog on this same DC? If so, what does LSASS utilization look like?

How many processors and how much memory is on this domain controller and how many users?

Collapse -

by raphdg In reply to Exchange 2000 mailbox sto ...

Hey there,

How big is the information store (Priv.edb, priv.stm, pub.edb & pub.stm combined)

If you're running Exchange 2000 standard edition, you're limited to 16GB total for the store.

Also, make sure your volumes have enough room for paging.

Check your event viewer and filter for ESE, ExchangeIS and other exchange-generated services to find the failure (if any) that gets logged when your store gets dismounted.

Finally, do you have server-level anti-virus and/or Veritas running on the same server b/c I've seen problems with these 3 working together a few times.

Good luck!
-Raphael

Collapse -

by marreyes In reply to Exchange 2000 mailbox sto ...

Your exchange server has reached its storage limit of 16GB. You need to run an on-line defrag and then an offline defrag to free up enough space. You can also increase your database by 1gb by editing the registry. Microsoft has posted an article on this issue and it works. I had the same problem. Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by webmaster In reply to Exchange 2000 mailbox sto ...

Did you find out whats going on? My store limit isnt exceeded, yet the mailbox store keeps dismounting every 30 seconds??

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)