General discussion

Exchange 2000 Pop3 connector

By mmays ·
Have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 installed working fine except getting error on POP3 mail collection. Have ISP mail set up to collect mail in one mail box, have exchange POP3 connector set up to get mail from Global mailbox, with correct user nameand passord, and with correct mail domain. Event view error is "id 12052, an error occurred during a POP3 transaction to host mail.myuser.com <error shows the correct ip address for ISP mail server>for myusername. The error is 10065." Exchange issending mail using SMTP OK. Can't telnet to mail.myuser.com port 110. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Pan 13 x In reply to Exchange 2000 Pop3 connec ...

try using the server name instead of the ip address. this is for both pop incoming and outgoing configurations.

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Exchange 2000 Pop3 connec ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Shepster In reply to Exchange 2000 Pop3 connec ...

You say "mail.myuser.com", is this not "mail.mydomain.com"? Do you have a DNS entry for mail.whatever.com? Is it on a private or public DNS server? Can you telnet to port 110 of the public IP of this box? Just for informations sake, when I set up my Exchange 2000 server, I also setup Outlook Web Access. Despite it's limited functionality, it has been a lifesaver! You might consider setting this up too. If you provide me a little more information, I am sure we can get you fixed up.

Collapse -

by mmays In reply to Exchange 2000 Pop3 connec ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by mmays In reply to Exchange 2000 Pop3 connec ...

This question was closed by the author