General discussion

Exchange 2003 and PDA

By hitchcock4 ·
We have recently installed Exchange 2003 (on Windows 2000). I understand that Exchange ActiveSync is on by default.
We are looking at primarily the Treo 650 as a device to sync with the Exchange server. Our first Treo should arrive later this week. However, I understand that the Treo will sync the Inbox and the Calendar -- it will not sync any subfolders in the Inbox.

Do other Exchange ActiveSync devices (PocketPC 2003 second edition) have the ability to sync more than the Inbox and the Calendar?
Or is this Exchange-related, rather than device related?

Thanks!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Exchange 2003 and PDA

Device related. I know Palm Pilots will synch additional folders.

Collapse -

by hitchcock4 In reply to

Please see my comment above.

Collapse -

by CMO In reply to Exchange 2003 and PDA

As far as I know there is no product that interfaces with the Activesync functionality and Palms. You can use IMAP on your Exchange server and have folder synchronisation using different email clients. I have people syncing Palms against Exchange servers using SnapperMail. They sync their Inbox and also the SPAM filter folders on their Palms to ensure they catch all mail.

SnapperMail works well on Palms with the IMAP support getting better and better.

Hope this helps

Chris

Collapse -

Please see my comment above.

Collapse -

by hitchcock4 In reply to Exchange 2003 and PDA

To BFilmFan and CMO,
Thanks for the input. However, I am not speaking of the regular ActiveSync that you use on your desktop. Exchange 2003 has technology that allows you to synchronize "over-the-air" to a properly enabled device.
Please read:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/actsyncfaq.mspx

For the Treo 650, it can do this, too. Please read:
http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/treo650/activesync.epl

Collapse -

by CMO In reply to Exchange 2003 and PDA

thanks , I have learnt something today then as I was not aware there was Active sync services for the Treo, I was well aware of the Exchange 2k3 services and am looking to implement these soon. Not to start a debate on OS's though but I much prefer Windows over the Palm system i.e. HP iPAQ 6315 vs Treo 600/650.

Thanks for feeding back the information

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by hitchcock4 In reply to Exchange 2003 and PDA

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)