Software

General discussion

Exchange 2003 Config w/Dynamic DNS

By SGS_GTI_JAY ·
I'm new to the 2003 server/exchange platforms, and i'm wondering how i can go about configuring exchange 2003 to work using Dynamic DNS. I have already updated my schema with forestprep and have run domain prep, and have installed exchange 2003 successfully. I have set up a Domain name with a dynamic dns service and have created an mx record with them to point to my external ip. On the flip site i have my mail server sitting in a DMZ and have set up forwarding from the firewall for ports 25,110. I'm not sure if the only thing left to do is set up a recipient policy for my domain name..

Please help if possible or point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Jay Stants

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Exchange 2003 Config w/Dy ...

humm from what I've read you seem to have covered all the bases...however the mail server doesn't need port fowarding if sitting on a enabled router DMZ port. DMZ means ALL ports are open to traffic.

you mention your using W2003 server / E2003 which I'll assume that to mean your running W2003 server with AD [and you have a domain]. There really isn't anything else to do with setup other than create users accounts for users. Rest is pretty automatic.