General discussion

Exchange 2003 Delegates page not avail

By jamie ·
For some odd reason no one on our domain can access the Delegates page in Outlook/Tools/Options/Delegates. The error we get is "The Delegates page is not available. Unable to access Outlook folder". The users are all ONLINE and there are not other problems with Exchange. I have tried disabling rules, exchange cache mode, running mdbvu32.exe, and still nothing has fixed it. There is nothing in the event logs that states a problem.
Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dave In reply to Exchange 2003 Delegates p ...
Collapse -

by jamie In reply to Exchange 2003 Delegates p ...

I've tried this article but it does not pertain to Exchange 2003.

Collapse -

by Kelvin Papp In reply to Exchange 2003 Delegates p ...

Has delegate access been installed? Under Outlook 2003 delegate access is an option that can be added or removed.

Check Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager. Is "Delegate Access" checked? If not, y9ou will need to check the relevant tick box, and select "Install" to add in the feature (bear in mind that this is a "per machine" fix).

If Delegate Access isn't listed in the add-in section you will need to reinstall Outlook, ensuring that you run a custom install that includes the delegate access option.

Collapse -

Same Scenario

by swhaley In reply to Exchange 2003 Delegates p ...

Jamie - you are not alone. Our org is on Exc2003 and this is a problem with every single client. I have tried all the technet articles to no avail. I'm not sure when this problem began, but it may have been due to a crash that required us to restore the Exchange DB from backup. Any chance that you had a similar disaster? This may be one that I have to call Microsoft about.

Collapse -

by uval.lubarsky In reply to Same Scenario

Same problem here. In my case we performed an SBS2003 swing to a new box and this is the only problem we encountered. However, Microsoft kb199964 Method 2 Step 1 did fix the problem. The article does not apply to Outlook 2003 or Exchange 2003, but the problem is resolved.
Good Luck

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)