General discussion

Exchange 2003 Global Address Book

By BobbyJGR ·
OK here is what I want to do and have done so far. In my Global Address book anyone with email created in AD is obvioulsy listed in it. I have a group of users that I DO NOT want listed in the Global Address book but Do want to see them in the new book I created which, I did. I guess my question is how can I remove them from the Default Global Address book but still stay visible in the new address book. checking of hide from address lists in AD hides them from all books.

Sugestions?
Thanks in advance,
Bobby

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DebbieGourley In reply to Exchange 2003 Global Addr ...

Hi Bobby - try this
How to Manage Address Lists - Nesting Address Lists
You can create nested address lists that are located under the address list that you just created but you must specify the conditions that you used to create the parent list and add any extra conditions to distinguish the child list from the parent list. Nested address lists do not inherit their rules from the parent address list.
To create empty address lists, do not define any filter rules. Empty address lists are useful for organizing nested address lists because the empty parent address list does not have any members eg The default "All Address Lists" list is an example.
Use Permissions
All users can access all address lists by default. However, if you want to deny users access to particular address lists, for example, if you want to use address lists that are only available to members of those departments, configure permissions on individual address lists: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager. 2. Expand the Recipients object, and then double-click All Address Lists. 3. Right-click the address list for which you want to set permissions, and then click Properties. 4. Click the Security tab, and then click to clear the Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object check box.
NOTE: Address list permissions are inherited by default. 5. Click Copy to copy the current permissions from the parent object.
Do not click Remove as system permissions may be affected. 6. To grant a recipient access to the address list, click Add, click either a recipient or group in the Select Users, Computers or Groups list, and then click to select the Allow check box next to Read permissions. 7. To deny a recipient access to the address list, click a recipient in the Select Users, Computers or Groups list, and then click to clear the Allow check box next to Read permissions. 8. Click OK.
Cheers - Debbie

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to Exchange 2003 Global Addr ...

Thank you Deb but this is not working in Exchange 2003. I still see the addresses in both the Global list and the one I created.

Collapse -

by BobbyJGR In reply to Exchange 2003 Global Addr ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)