General discussion

Exchange 2003 SMTP Issues

By bobby.gillette ·
Scenario: My AD is named <companyname>.local... when a new user is created, their SMTP address is, of course, set to <username>@<companyname>.local...

I'm able to access the server via OWA, but whenever I go into AD Users and Computers and change the SMTP address, I'm unable to login via OWA.

The long and short of it is that I need this Exchange server to have new users point to our .com SMTP address, not the actual AD name.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Dumphrey In reply to Exchange 2003 SMTP Issues

We have the same set up, a .local domain internally and a .com domain externally. We create all accounts with the .com e-mail address amd have no problems accessing our OWA. You may need to configure Exchange to accept the .com domain if you havent. Check Exchange System Manager, <Domain name>, Recipients, Recipiaet Policies. Edit the Default policy to point to the .com address instead of the .local. Add a policy for each domaine you want to be able to assign addresses for. The .local should not need to be added since it is the AD default.

Collapse -

by bobby.gillette In reply to

Did the trick. Thanks! Now, if I could only figure out how to export my SBS2003 mailboxes to .pst files using ExMerge... :)

Collapse -

by bobby.gillette In reply to Exchange 2003 SMTP Issues

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)