General discussion

Exchange 2003 -Unable to track Messages through ESM

By Kjell_Andorsen ·
Hi there,

We're running a single Exchange 2003 server for our company's messaging needs. Lately we've been having an issue trying to track messages through ESM. Whenever we do a search it says: "The search could not be completed. Check to see that the Microsoft Exchange Management service is running on all Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 installations"

The service is indeed running. I have also tried stopping and restarting the service which failed to resolve the issue. I am trying to avoid a full reboot of the server. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Suggestions...

by Ian Lewis In reply to Exchange 2003 -Unable to ...

Hi,

Although I haven't encountered the problem you describe I have found Exchange to be an unwieldy beast.

I would try the following.
Stop and restart the Store.exe service. You might have to kill the process if it hangs on stopping.
Then stop all the other related Exchange services and start them up again.

If all else fails restart the server, Exchange doesn't offer much to help really.

Check your log folders. If they are very full it is worth doing a full backup of the system to clear them out.

Good luck.

Collapse -

same problem...

by rake74 In reply to Exchange 2003 -Unable to ...

We had a spate of worms hit our network, and it seemed to stop the server and workstation services.

Starting those two services resolved the issue for me.

Collapse -

Thank you!

by Kjell_Andorsen In reply to same problem...

That was precicely what happened. Restarting those services took care of the issue.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)