General discussion

Exchange 5.5 - Exchange 2003

By Neo119081 ·
In our company we had a NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5, in it resided some Public Folders and they are under the priv.edb, we need to migrate those files to out new Exchange 2003 Mail Server. anyone knows how to proceed with this? Please let me know...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by russellrl2 In reply to Exchange 5.5 - Exchange 2 ...

Use Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool (pfMigrate). You can find the instructions in the Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide on page 73 in Chapter 4.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&displaylang=en

Collapse -

by russellrl2 In reply to

Did you get your problem solved? I ended up using the post-installation pfMigragte tool on the exchange server 2003 disk to move my public folders and off-line address book. It resolved a problem I had and it was easier to understand.

Collapse -

by jaswinder_baryah In reply to Exchange 5.5 - Exchange 2 ...

Hi,

You have 2 options here.
one
you can create a .pst file using outlook client ( logging on the old server mailbox) of the respective folders and then move the contents of the pst to the public folder on the new server again using outlook client (loggin on to the new server mailbox).

second
move the pub.edb file to the new exchange server and run the command eseutil /u on the pub.edb file to upgrade it and then place it in the appropriate folder.

Regards

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums