General discussion

Exchange IMC Internal Processing ID 4128

By ckrotine ·
I am running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 on an NT Server 4.0 SP5 box. Yesterday I began recieving Event ID's 4128 and 4093 generated from the IMC. The following is the text from the 4128 msg: Failure setting file attributes on file E:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\SMSZB6BA. The error code returned was The system cannot find the file specified.
. This is an unexpected error and the IMS is shutting down. The text of the 4093 msg is: The error code 2 was returned when trying to remove the spool file E:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\SMSZB6BA. This file may cause duplicate mail to be sent when the server is restarted. I've shutdown the services and restarted them, only to receive the msg again in 5-10 minutes. We've rebooted the server and the services start fine, but I still get the event msgs 5-10 mins. later. If anyone has experienced these and knows how to correct them, please help! Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by SyscoKid In reply to Exchange IMC Internal Pro ...

Can't say as I know for sure but I found that exact question asked recently elsewhere. The person who asked never did say if the proposed answer helped, but you might want to check it out anyway.

Here it is:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Computers/Operating_Systems/Q_10685862.html

Collapse -

by ckrotine In reply to Exchange IMC Internal Pro ...

Thanks for a quick reply. It's nice to know someone else has actually heard of this problem. Misery loves company! I had already tried the suggested fix, yet the problem remains...

Collapse -

by Xaeryth In reply to Exchange IMC Internal Pro ...

Did anything happen yesterday? Like application/service/component removal. Do you have multiple Exchange servers that replicate with each other? Are there any other services failing besides IMS? Knowing these will help me in figuring out what your issue is.

Corey Hitchcock

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Corey,

We have not added/removed any apps or services lately. We had set up routing with restrictions on the IMS recently, however, that did not cause any problems. I've since reverted to my original settings, but to no avail. This interestingthing is that, although I am getting entries in the event viewer approx. every 5 mins., I am able to send/receive internet e-mail!?!? This is more of an irritant than anything...

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)