General discussion

Exchange reports event id 9297 every 10

By serged ·
We have three Exchange servers from three domains in one site running over a Wan. One server (server 2) constantly reports warnings every 10 mins or so regarding a problem with the default server (server 1). I've looked at technet and it specifiesthat the override tab should be checked. But we do not use an override since all domains have two-way trusts. Emails works, but occassionaly Server2 stops sending/receiving emails from server1 and the only thing reported in Event viewer is the abovemessage. I've checked the obvious like site and configuration permissions and they look in order. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by fred_e944 In reply to Exchange reports event id ...

The Override tab is just one way of solving the problem, which is that an Exchange Service Account doesn't have Service Account Admin role and rights, causing a Security failure. This could be on either of the servers involved. Its also possible the trust isn't working correctly (this happens a lot with Microsoft Trusts); recreate the trust relationship and replicate it throught the organisation.

Collapse -

by serged In reply to Exchange reports event id ...
Collapse -

by SimonC In reply to Exchange reports event id ...

if you have more than one domain best practice is to use the override tab to specify the other domains service account. this ensures everything keeps working even if the trusts fail and you don't need to add extra security settings for your org/site/config containers.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by fred_e944 In reply to Exchange reports event id ...

Follow-up on my earlier answer.

The 10 minute intervals could be significant. There are processes that use this interval (in replication, I think) between multiple servers within a Site or Org. One of these processes may be encountering a permissions problem during this activity.

Collapse -

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)