General discussion

Exchange Server 2003 issue

By mohamed_raza ·
Hi,

I need some help regarding the connection of client PCs to Exchange 2003.Some client PCs are using MS Outlook 2003 and some are using Outlook Express. I tried so many configurations but didn't come up with anything productive. I have configured smtp protocol settings, address book and so many other things.

Someone please help me about what are the pre-requisites to be taken care of on the Exchange 2003 to allow clients to connect to their mailboxes properly.

Thanks a bunch.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

IMAP

by NOW LEFT TR In reply to Exchange Server 2003 issu ...

Use IMAP for the exchange server connection from Express. You will need to start the IMAP service on Exchange 2003 and perhaps open port 143 on any firewall that may sit between clent and server (if at all)

Collapse -

express has to go

by rob.sakamano In reply to Exchange Server 2003 issu ...

this might not be the answer you are looking for, but outlook express has to go. they can pull mail configured as IMAP clients, but calendering, scheduling, any future integration with sharepoint's not going to work.

encourage them to use webmail. 2003 it's better than ever before and everything will work. less headache for you too. seriously, outlook express is NOT for corp usage.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)