General discussion

Exchange Server 2003 mailbox

By mtorres7 ·
I have created a new user at Active Directory Users and Computers, and filled al the required info for a new user (name, alias, password, create a mailbox, etc.) The problem is that in the creation process, the new mailbox for the user is not created. I have deleted the user, and followed all the steps again (3 times), but the mailbox is not created.

Please help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

26 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dsharma In reply to Exchange Server 2003 mail ...

what is the error you are getting. Whether youre not able to create mailbox or user is not getting stamped

what is your way of telling that mailbox is not created

Collapse -

by mtorres7 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

creating mailbox is not done in exchange server

by msaifuddin In reply to

dear sir,
creating a new user in exchage server is done but the mailbox is not created.

Collapse -

by mtorres7 In reply to Exchange Server 2003 mail ...

I have created the user, with no error prompt from the system. I notice that the mailbox is not created, when I try to configure Outlook to receive the user's mail from Exchange.

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Exchange Server 2003 mail ...

When a new mailbox is created, the mailbox is not created until it has at least 1 mail message in it.
I suggest sending a test message to mailbox to initialise the mailbox.

Collapse -

by mtorres7 In reply to

Collapse -

by ssmith In reply to Exchange Server 2003 mail ...

If you are creating this user account on the exchange server with the Users and Computers admin tool, then you should have been prompted to add a mailbox as part of the user creation wizard. What happens when you open another user's account? Do you see the Exchange tabs?

S.

Collapse -

by mtorres7 In reply to

Collapse -

by mtorres7 In reply to Exchange Server 2003 mail ...

Yes, the wizard prompts for the mailbox creation. The exchange tabs for the new user are displayed; but the email is not displayed on the tabs. I have added the email manually.

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Exchange Server 2003 mail ...

if you mean the email address, then that is applied after the mailbox is created and filled in. Make sure your Recipient Policy applies to new mailboxes correctly, it sometimes takes a minute or two.

Back to Software Forum
26 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next