General discussion

exmerge in exchange 5.5 and 2000

By Seadogs ·
We are moving to a windows 2000 network. We will be moving to a new domain and replacing our domain controllers and exchange server. In our test network I have been unable to get the new and the old to see each other to establish a trust and move exchange that way, so we have decided to go with a fresh install of exchange 2000 and use the exmerge utility to move to the new server. I know the 2000 version is on the exchange cd. Can I use this also for the 5.5 version or do I need to get a 5.5 version from somewhere else? If so, where? Thanks a ton!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Pan 13 x In reply to exmerge in exchange 5.5 a ...

I have found that the utility works on both systems. You just have to run it locally in the exchange 5.5 server. I works well.
I have move 300 mailboxes with this tool.

Collapse -

by Seadogs In reply to exmerge in exchange 5.5 a ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

I forgot also to ask, about how long does it take to run the tool for exchange 5.5 and 2000 and is this something I can run as a test or once its run is all the information taken off the exchange server? Thanks!

Collapse -

by triches In reply to exmerge in exchange 5.5 a ...

The Windows 2000 Exmerge should be used for your migration since it works with E2K (the E5.5 version won't) and it includes several bug fixes. Just make sure you run it from your Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 server. Using Exmerge you will lose the singal instance store of messages so expect to use significantly more disk space as well.
Good luck!

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)