General discussion

export outlook express to Exchange 2000

By jrinehart ·
We have WIN95/98 terminals that we are converting to Win2000. We have installed Exchange Server 2000. I want to export messages and address books to Exchange. I have tried a few times to do this and can not get it to export correctly. I want to export to a file then convert my PC to a 2000 PC then import the file to Exchange? Help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jrinehart In reply to export outlook express to ...

I want to conver Outlook Express email, attachments, address books and groups to Outlook 2000 that is loaded on Exchange Server 2000

Collapse -

by jillbean In reply to export outlook express to ...

Coupla things to think about.

You can't directly run the Outlook 2000 that is loaded on the exchange server from a workstation.

You are "supposed to" load Outlook on each workstation or on a terminal server. What you can run (maybe) is Outlook web access - which has no conversion features.

Easiest is to install Outlook 2000 on your current machine (and os). Set it up for corporate e-mail (not internet mail only), set up the exchange server protocol and have your mail delivered to your mailbox (not personal folders).

Then you use outlook to IMPORT the mail, address books etc. DIRECTLY INTO the exchange server mailbox.

Once your mail and contacts are IN your mailbox on the exchange server, you can update your machine (do aclean install - it'll take longer, but in the long term you'll be happier). Re-install outlook 2000, reconnect to the exchange server mailbox and voila - your mail and contacts are there. And they are still there in Outlook Web Access too. Because they are now in the Exchange server and not on your local computer.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)