General discussion
February 24, 2003 at 12:10 PM
emil nitrate

Fatal Exception 0028:FFFF8080 ?

by emil nitrate . Updated 23 years, 6 months ago

Win98se; AMD1g cpu set to 1333ghz in jumper free mode on Asus A7M266 m/b; 512k crucial ram; 1-100gWDcav h/d and 1-120gWDcav h/d; dvd-rom drive and plextor burner; Asus 7700 Deluxe vid card [geforce 2 gts]; currently no sound card; NAV and NPFirewalland Nutil installed; newly installed Antec p/s to replace crappy Deer p/s – all in a no-rear-fan barebones case with a single front fan. Just installed a hard drive heatsink/dual fan cooler. PC is on dsl modem, which drops out regularly once a day.
Issues = difficult to restart without going thru Safe mode, a 2nd restart, and almost always a fatal exception bsod, the latest being this Question’s title. I also see VXD messages….

A lot of file sharing and hard reboots and shutdowns occur. I recently replaced the IDE cables with round ones and they crowd each other in the IDE m/b slots, and have now lost the use of the floppy drive, which I replaced, but still get Failure on post = [40]Hit F1 to continue.

I would like to think that this PC can be used, but unpredictability has forced me to start ‘archiving’ the data to cd-rs. I did a reformat a few months back and the bsod and difficult restarts lessened but are still here.

I now know the value of case cooling, but am afraid most of losing the 100g h/d … on top of a m/b and cpu.

This discussion is locked

All Comments