General discussion

Friday Yuk

By DMambo ·
Again no Yuk?? And a "humpday" yuk doesn't sound too pure to me, so here goes: (BTW - I'm taking a week off. Everyone have a great week, and somebody take notes for me)

A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "If I show you a really good trick, will you give me a free drink?" The bartender considers it, then agrees. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues.

After the man finished his drink, he asked the bartender, "If I show you an even better trick, will you give me free drinks for the rest of the evening?" The bartender agrees, thinking that no trick could possibly be better than the first. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues. The man reaches into another pocket and pulls out a small bullfrog, who begins to sing along with the rat's music.

While the man is enjoying his beverages, a stranger confronts him and offers him $100,000.00 for the bullfrog. "Sorry," the man replies, "he's not for sale." The stranger increases the offer to $250,000.00 cash up front. "No," he insists, "he's not for sale." The stranger again increases the offer, this time to $500,000.00 cash. The man finally agrees, and turns the frog over to the stranger in exchange for the money.

"Are you insane?" the bartender demanded. "That frog could have been worth millions to you, and you let him go for a mere $500,000!" "Don't worry about it." the man answered. "The frog was really nothing special. You see, the rat's a ventriloquist."

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

73 total posts (Page 1 of 8)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

OK DM i'll take notes for you, everyone send me

by Deadly Ernest In reply to Friday Yuk

your $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 notes please - I'll take all I can get.

Collapse -

Ernest, for a Friday, that was quick

by gadgetgirl In reply to OK DM i'll take notes for ...

for a hot as **** Friday, it was even quicker!

Thanks for the giggle!

(any extras, send them to me, please!)

GG

Collapse -

Hey GG you can have any over flow, but I think you

by Deadly Ernest In reply to Ernest, for a Friday, tha ...

give me too much credit here. I live in Australia and it was near 10 pm our time when I saw the post and replied. It is NOT hot down here at the moment.

Last night it got to below zero degrees celsius, I got up at 7 am to get ready for a job interview 60 kilometres away (thats abour 40 miles for you USA people) and got one tenth of a bath of hot water, and less cold water. Had a very quick and shallow bath. Drove into Wagga Wagga for the interview and got home about noon, after running a few errands (including collecting my new glasses for use with the computer).

I was going to have lunch in town until I realised I'd forgotten my tablets to take with lunch - quick drive home (I may still get a ticket from the airport traffic control for not responding to communications requests) for tablets and lunch.

Spent the afternoon adding about 4,500 words to a story I'm writting (try http://www.dpdotcom.com/ebooks.htm if you want to see my other works, one published another accepted and will appear soon).

Went to get on line and had to arrange an exorcism first - ring the ISP and have them kill a ghost session. Had to wait 30 minutes before connecting.

Still no water, rang the council, they came out and found that someone had turned it off at the meter. Note I live on a farm property (rent the house) the meter is a kilometre and a half (about a mile) away across the paddocks. I now know which of the four tanks it is, the council guy pointed it out to me.

No sooner do I get connected than I have to shut down, electrician arrives and wants everything turned off while he installs a mains powered smoke detector (new legal requirement).

Get back on line, check mail, go cook dinner, eat same, come back, check mail, check TR and respond to DMambo.

Did I have a good day ? - I can't answer that as you can get several years in prison for making those sorts of appropriate comments on the federal communications network.

But, in asnwer to your question, I have a nice box beside my chair, and once it is filled I will gladly send you the extras for you personally and also 10% of what is in the box for you to put in the Cancer Appeal that has been mentioned in TR.

Health Warning: Knowing TR people it is recommended that you do not hold your breath awaiting these funds as not breathing for several months could be detrimental to your health.

People sometimes ask me if I've lost my mind, I say 'NO' and point to the jar, on the shelf, in which it's stored.

Collapse -

I'll split any extra with you

by NickNielsen In reply to Ernest, for a Friday, tha ...

Between the two of us, we should just about get enough for a coffee refill (assuming the refill is free!).

Collapse -

Now, you are a

by Old Guy In reply to OK DM i'll take notes for ...

smart man! :)

Collapse -

Oh, stop. We don't call those notes here.

by DMambo In reply to OK DM i'll take notes for ...

We call those "bills". And I don't want any duck jokes.

<Dang roo-lovers>

Collapse -

I was gonna say somethin about it not being Notes

by j.lupo In reply to Oh, stop. We don't call ...

I calls it "dollars" myself, but bills works. As ta takin notes, I can't sing - tone deaf ya see. So I don't think I could take any notes anyway.

Collapse -

Not Notes....

by NOW LEFT TR In reply to I was gonna say somethin ...

We call them Bar over here.

5 Bar, 10 Bar, 20 Bar, 50 Bar and 100 Bar

Sometimes we use 'Sheets'

and on the rare occation 'pounds'

Collapse -

You can send me

by w2ktechman In reply to Not Notes....

bars, pounds, or whatever (as long as it is valuable).
I prefer gold bars, and many, many pounds of it

Collapse -

oy! DangerMouse!

by gadgetgirl In reply to Oh, stop. We don't call ...

As stand in keeper of the Ducks, be afraid.

Be very afraid.

I'll set the Dawg on you!!!

GG

Back to Community Forum
73 total posts (Page 1 of 8)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05   Next