Question

Gateway M275 Re-loaded OS windows xp missings drivers

By ZekMrno ·
I wanted to give my Laptop a fresh start and formated my hardrive and loaded my OS. During the install windows asked me for a I386/TablePC CD which I do not have. I told it to skip and OS completed the install. Some of my functions will not work including my 10/base T port and neither my wireless function so I can not get on the Net? Any Help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

RE: "I told it to skip "...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Gateway M275 Re-loaded OS ...

Guess why you've got a problem?

Go the website of the Laptop manufacurer and see what they've got to offer in the way of necessary drivers.

Collapse -

Or

by seanferd In reply to RE: "I told it to skip ". ...

the drivers disk that you probably also have.

Collapse -

Gateway M275 Re-loaded OS windows xp missings drivers

by anderiousb In reply to Gateway M275 Re-loaded OS ...

Hello,

Most of the proprietary laptops & desktop have a hidden partition that has the complete OS install and the drivers as well. The other option is to return the Laptop/tablet to the default manufacturing settings which will load the OS & drivers and you don't have to re-install any missing drivers. To start the process, turn on the computer. To start recovery, at the prompt press the F11 key. In the system restore option, select Full System Restore (Destructive) and then select ?Format and Recover? option and follow the onscreen instructions. Make sure you have your laptop/tablet plugged into an AC outlet. Remove any attached USB devices, printers or external peripherals. Once the process is finished, the Tablet will reboot by itself.

Your Tablet/Laptop now back to its original manufacturing settings just like when you bought it the first time. I hope these instructions help. Good Luck.

Back to Storage Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)