General discussion
March 30, 2005 at 01:15 PM
nibiker

Group delegates can’t view private items Exchange / Outlook 2003

by nibiker . Updated 21 years, 6 months ago

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has come across this problem before….

I have a number of shared mailboxes in the organisation which may have as many as 10 people as delegates. For ease of administration I have created a mail enabled global security group in AD and using the Outlook delegate function have granted the ‘group’ delegate access rather than individuals. This means I can devolve responsibiltiy for update of group membership through the outlook global address list to someone in the relevant department. A problem I have encountered is that although the group is granted permission to ‘view private items’ they cannot view them. Private items can only be viewed when I add the users individually as delegates.

Has anyone else come across this / found a solution, or is it a known problem.

Alternatively, I notice that the message sensitivity cannot be changed from ‘private’ to ‘normal’ (for example even when forwarding a private email) unlike the importance level which can be changed. Is there any way to change the sensitivity of an email (apart from copy / paste)?

Hoping someone can assist.

Pauline Williams

This discussion is locked

All Comments