1. Go to your website’s admin area by adding “/wp-admin” to the end of your website URL (e.g., “yourwebsite.com/wp-admin”). Log in with your username and password.
2. In the WordPress dashboard, find the “Appearance” option in the left-hand menu.
Click on “Customize.”
3. In the Customizer, look for “Additional CSS” or “Additional Options” depending on your theme.
There, you may find an option to customize the search bar.
4. Look for an input field or setting labeled “Search Placeholder” or something similar.
Change the text in this field to the word you want to use instead of “Search.”
5. As you make changes, you should see a live preview on the right side of the Customizer.
Once you’re satisfied with the new placeholder text, click the “Save” or “Publish” button to save your changes.
6: Visit your website to confirm that the placeholder text in the search bar has been updated to your desired word.
I hope you’ll get your answer. If you need any further help please let me know 🙂
The placeholder text is usually defined in the theme’s searchform.php or directly in the search widget.
Look for the HTML input tag (usually <input type=”text” …>) and locate the placeholder attribute. Simply replace the value within the placeholder attribute with the text you want to display.
For example, change <input type=”text” placeholder=”Search…”> to <input type=”text” placeholder=”Your New Text”>. Make sure to save the file and refresh your WordPress page to see the updated placeholder text in the search field.