Question

how do I configure a 2wire 2700HG-b with my cable box

By ayalacs ·
I have time warner cable internet service and would like to have a wireless connection for my laptop. I have a 2wire 2700HG-b and my laptop says it is connected but when I go to get on it takes me to the device page what do I do? The laptop has vista 64bit and the pc has xp pro. HELP ME Please

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You need to run the Setup Utility that came with the Router.

by OH Smeg In reply to how do I configure a 2wir ...

What is happening here is that the computer is only seeing the Netgear Router which Is Not configured to connect to the Internet. Generally these come with a Install Disc that requires you to hardwire to the Router then run the Setup Utility. Most ISP have their own details in this Setup Utility but you still need to enter your ISP supplied User Name & Password then after the unit is filly setup you need to power down and restart.

If you look at the lights on the front of the unit the ADSL Light will be either Hard On or Off which means that there is no connection to the ISP. These devices allow you to set your own WiFi Passphrase so make sure that you do this and if you need to have both Wired & Wireless connections and want these computers top see each other you need to Bridge the to LAN's together.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)