General discussion

How do I redirect email in Outlook 2000?

By colinm ·
Our administrator left the company a few months ago. All misdirected emails were sent to his mailbox. I now require that facility so I wanted to know how to remove that feature from the other account and add it to my own. Any help would be appreciated. Colin McKellar

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheGodfather In reply to How do I redirect email i ...

This is done using the Rules Wizard under the TOOLS menu.

Your old Administrator would already have a rule set up within this, you just need to delete his out or change the re-direct staus.

I would delete it out and start a new rule, the wizard within it is nice and easy to follow. Unless of course it has been done via an exchange server. If this turns out to be the case, I shall walk you through it.

Good Luck.

Collapse -

by colinm In reply to How do I redirect email i ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by TheGodfather In reply to How do I redirect email i ...

This is done using the Rules Wizard under the TOOLS menu.

Your old Administrator would already have a rule set up within this, you just need to delete his out or change the re-direct staus.

I would delete it out and start a new rule, the wizard within it is nice and easy to follow. Unless of course it has been done via an exchange server. If this turns out to be the case, I shall walk you through it.

Good Luck.

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to How do I redirect email i ...

If you are running an Exchange Server it was done in Exchange in the SMTP connector (IMC on Exchange 5.5). If your email is provided by your ISP (that is you don't have your own email server), then contact your ISP and ask them how to change it.

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to How do I redirect email i ...

Sorry but Answer one is wrong. It can NOT be done via the rules wizard in Outlook. Since Outlook has no way of knowing whats going on on the SMTP Server.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums