Question

How do I start outlook 2003 in inbox folder?

By markgg ·
How do I configure Outlook 2003 to open the inbox folder on startup?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Customize Outlook Today...

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to How do I start outlook 20 ...

If it is starting up by showing you Outlook Today, click the Customize Outlook Today button on that screen. Inside, uncheck the box that says "When starting, go directly to Outlook Today". Save the changes.

Collapse -

I don't know "Outlook Today"

by markgg In reply to Customize Outlook Today.. ...

My Outlook opens with a folder pane on the left and the folder view in the center. When I startup Outlook, the center folder view pane is headed "inbox", but I have to click on the "inbox" folder from the folder list before it will display the contents. Why doesn't it display the contents when the app opens?

Collapse -

Is this on a corporate network?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to I don't know "Outlook Tod ...

Has your company customized Outlook so it starts that way? If so, you'll have to speak with the Administrator (or Tech Support) to find out if it is supposed to be that way or not.

By the way, Outlook Today is what you see when you highlight the top most folder on the left navigation bar. THAT can also be customized. So, again, check with your Administrator.

You can check to see if that Inbox folder has been customized by right clicking the Inbox icon in the left navigation pane and choosing Properties.

Collapse -

Microsoft Outlook--- not going to "Inbox" issue stated above.

by hobbsx In reply to How do I start outlook 20 ...

Thanks for the suggestion to uncheck the box in the "Customize Outlook Today".
I had the need to correct that same problem and it worked.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)