General discussion

how to take outlook express email and put to outlook 2003

By Blue screen ·
Client pc running XP logging in to the domain using outlook express pop 3.
how can or what tool should i use to get the emails, address, calendars, and all others and put into outlook 2003?
i need to setup user to outlook 2003 but retaining the emails and stuffs from outlook express.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by j.lupo In reply to how to take outlook expre ...

I had to do this on my home system. Basically we exported the Outlook Express data to a pst and then imported that pst to Outlook. It worked fine for me.

Collapse -

by uppulurivasu In reply to how to take outlook expre ...

Hi Bluescreen,
The following is the solution assuming to start from scratch,
1) If you have outlook express already configured and holds some data, then first install Microsoft Outlook.
2) After installing microsoft outlook, just configure microsoft outlook to some invalid user name and password, but point the PST to a proper location.
3) Now go to File > Import and Export in Microsoft Outlook and there select Import Mail Account Settings, if outlook express is configured Microsoft outlook shall take up the configured profile and imports the account data.
4) similarly for importing internet mail & mail address follow the same as above and point to outlook express in the next step.
Any issues pls let me know.....
Bye

Collapse -

by patrick.butler In reply to how to take outlook expre ...

I could swear that when you install outlook and then run it the program will notice the outlook express and ask if it should retreive the information.

Otherwisw run Outlook and then "file", "Import and export", "Import from another program or file" and select outlook express

Collapse -

by jhillman In reply to

Yes, it does. I'm doing it now, but i'm wondering if i should have first set up the new account in Outlook to connect with the Exchange user account.

Collapse -

by albert_fitussi In reply to

I am moving my email from Outlook Express on WIndows Xp to Outlook on Vista. I have tried the recommended method of exporting my OE folders(a handfull number) but the problem is that it doesn't export the sub folders..which is a real issue because I have many many subfolders...
any ideas?

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)