Question

HP C5280 Software won't reinstall

By medwiz ·
I cavalierly disregarded the warnings while trimming excess HP "stuff" from my laptop's HD - now I can not reinstall the C5280 All in One Software purchased 10 months ago. Please help me - I can't be the only schmuck to muck this up (or can I). Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

So what software are we talking about here?

by OH Smeg In reply to HP C5280 Software won't r ...

Yes I realize that it all relates to the C5280 Multifunction Device but is it Printing or Scanner Software?

Ideally you may be able to install it by choosing the individual Software Packages and just install what you have removed rather then relying on the Bundled Installer to install it.

Insert the CD and instead of allowing it to Auto Run go onto the My Computer Window and right click on the Optical Drive then left click on Open. When the CD Opens left click on the Software Folder and chose the software to install from there. If you must use the HP Software Installer Package you'll need to reload the computer from the recovery Disc in most cases.

If you use the Recovery Disc make sure to Backup all your Data & Settings first or you'll loose them.

Col

Back to Laptops Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)