Question

Hp D530 SFF Power Supply Unit Failure

By puni12ke ·
Hi everyone, Our company has recently imported some used Hp d530 sff from US, but we have got nightmare ever since because even though the pcs are ment to work under both 240-110v. The PSU just blows when connected to 240V!!! We have quite a stock at hand and don't know what to do.. Can anyone please assist. Thanks

Yours,
Puni
Mombasa
Kenya

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I hate to ask

by SKDTech In reply to Hp D530 SFF Power Supply ...

But did you remember to slide the selector switch from 110 to 240before connecting the power?

Collapse -

D530 Power supply

by puni12ke In reply to I hate to ask

Yes I did, it has happened to several other computers of the same model. We have a stock of 300pcs at godown...

Collapse -

D530 SFF Power Issue

by kweli In reply to Hp D530 SFF Power Supply ...

Quite often, these **** up with a bang and smoke upon connection to 240v mains power. The power supply will fail in one of two states:

?Total failure: Completely dead
?Partial failure: 5v Standby works, but if you attempt to power on the system, the power LED blinks red 4 times (indicating a system fault, or a faulty power supply)

Both of these failure states are caused by poor manufacturing: the glue used to hold the components in position whilst they are being soldered becomes conductive after long periods of being exposed to heat.

Up to 30 percent of these PCs are affected after one to two years, especially if they have been moved, or unplugged for some period of time.

Back to Laptops Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)