General discussion

HP DeskJet 5552 Printing Problems

By jason ·
Having problems printing from HP DeskJet 5552. Use it via a Belkin Wireless Print Server (F1UP0001) and Netgear (DG834G v2) Wireless ADSL Router.
If use HP Printing Assistant can print Test Page and calibrate/clean printer perfectly. If use any other external application - i.e. Word 2003, it sends print job, goes to print and then prints a blank page.
Replaced printer cartridges, reinstalled printer drivers and print server drivers and tried a direct USB connection and still does same.
Prints from another PC connected in same way perfectly so convinced a software issue.
Any ideas! Only happened after added a firewire card!
Also cannot access windows Update page saying my browser is not IE5. I use IE6! Use Bullguard Antivirus and scan is negative for viruses.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

One thought might be

by Aaron A Baker In reply to HP DeskJet 5552 Printing ...

Try going to the Control Panel/Admin Tools/ Services area and make sure that your Print Spooler is turned on.
In each of the USB settings, there is an area where you can tell the computer to turn it off when not needed. Then I would make sure that all the USB ports are in fact open and functioning.
It's the only thing I can come up with right now,hope it helps, please advise.
Good Luck
Aaron

Collapse -

HP Printer Problems

by jason In reply to One thought might be

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for prompt response. I've checked, and the Spooler Services is running. As for the USB settings , these are used as running from Belkin Wireless Print Server which is managed by Netgear Wireless ADSL router. All printer and print server settings were checked with PC that works and only change made was Bi-directional function was turned off on on working PC.
Will need to investigate how applications are accessing the printer as this seems to be where the problem is.
Thanks again and if you have any more thoughts, let me know.
Jason
Freelance PC Technician (UK)

Collapse -

Similar problem resolved

by mikeg In reply to HP DeskJet 5552 Printing ...

I had a similar problem with a Canon i860 printer. It would print a test page and it would print the color part of a word document, but but not the black text. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software with no change. I ended up uninstalling the software and drivers, deleting the left-over folders in windows, and finally deleting all references in the registry. I then installed the software/drivers and it worked fine. Hope this helps.

Back to Community Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)