General discussion

Hp iPaq Pocket PC 2002

By pchlp ·
I need the software for a Hp iPaq Pocket PC 2002.
I get a display screen and a message to tap the "x" on the screen to set it up but it does not set up. I tried to find the software on the HP site but it says it is no longer available.
Does anyone have an idea where I can find it or what to do with this Pocket PC. I have never used one before. I am trying to help a friend out.
Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Tig2 In reply to Hp iPaq Pocket PC 2002

Hopefully all the data on the device has been synched with a pc. Look for the recess on the left- should look like a pinhole under the rectangular silver "record" button. Take the stylus and push the reset button in that recess. That should cold boot hte device and restore factory settings. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE DEVICE.

The only other thing I can think of will also result in data loss but may be workable would be to upgrade the OS. My iPAQ is running Pocket 5.0 and is about a year old.

Good luck!

Collapse -

by pchlp In reply to Hp iPaq Pocket PC 2002

I tried the reset button but it just comes with screen to tap the "x"'s. Is there another version that would work on this Pocket PC?

Collapse -

by TonytheTiger In reply to Hp iPaq Pocket PC 2002

That initial tapping is to align the screen. I think you must do this 5 times before the prompt to enter the owner information, set the time, etc. If you can't get past this, the ROM may be hosed and you'll have to reload it.

What model of IPAQ is it? They're usually avalable for quite a long time.

Back to Other Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)