Question

HP Pavillion dv6000

By jaimexo ·
my webcam is not working, it is built in. it does not appear in my device manager at all. i thought my service pack 1 was out of date and that was why my webcam had stopped working. well i updated to service pack 2 and i am still having this problem. when i close and reopen my laptop i get a message saying "usb device not recognized" meaning my computer doesnt remember i have a built in webcam. what can i do so i can fix this on going problem?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Did you try looking at the HP website

by The Scummy One In reply to HP Pavillion dv6000

and downloading the drivers for it? Maybe an updated version is needed.

Also, you can try uninstalling it, and then re-installing it.
Is there a setting in the BIOS to disable it (or a disable button)? Try turning it on.

Collapse -

RE:

by jaimexo In reply to Did you try looking at th ...

the driver is up to date. i tried reinstalling and still had the same problem. and i updated the BIOS.

Collapse -

Did you turn on the Web Cam first?

by OH Smeg In reply to HP Pavillion dv6000

These have a switch on them to save power when not in use and thus extend Battery Life.

You'll need to Read the Manual to see where the switch is to toggle the Web Cam On & Off.

You should also check here to see if your NB is one of those that has had a Recall Issued here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01296338&cc=au&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_AUEN

Col

Collapse -

Web cam could not be detected.

by salim In reply to HP Pavillion dv6000

Goto Hp.com/support.
Goto download drivers.
Select your mmodel and download chipset drivers for motherboard.
This should solve your problem.
Make sure you are downloading for right Operating system.

Collapse -

Something else to try

by Jacky Howe In reply to HP Pavillion dv6000

Why doesn't my computer detect my new USB device when I'm running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314634/en-us

Collapse -

Device manager

by patb071 In reply to HP Pavillion dv6000

In the device manager is there any explanation point? also in device manager if you go to view and show all hidden devices does it show up?

I had the same problem with the same laptop and i am tring to figure out what i did to get it to work. Now mine isn't showing dvd drive. I say we shoot them!!

Back to Laptops Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)