Question

HP PSC 1610 All-in-one

By vashz ·
HP PSC 1610 All-in-one printer suddenly not functioning, not as whole but the scanner only, after scanning 5 pictures an error just occur indicating "windows cannot find the scanner,make sure the scanner is connected, I check the device manager and I can see imaging device without any error. I already unplug ang replug the usb connection to the all-in-one printer but still the I cant scan with the same error message. Any idea whats happening with the all-in-one printer? I Also tried reinstalling the driver and update all necessary update from HP., Please help cause the scanner is really needed here in the office.. Hope for your emmediate reply, thanks..

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

If Windows suddenly cannot find the device....

by robo_dev In reply to HP PSC 1610 All-in-one

that would indicate that the scanner portion lost power or connectivity.

The most likely problem is that some internal connection in the scanner is loose and therefore intermittent. Many devices use ribbon-cables internally that either break or become partly unplugged.

The short answer would be that the device need to be repaired, most likely.

Collapse -

hey

by vashz In reply to If Windows suddenly canno ...

Thanks for reply, I didnt notice it cause I dont have a work during saturday & sunday, however I dont think it a hardware problem or power or connection problem, why? because I can use the scanner using windows default scanner wizard, the problem is when im using the HP application itself in scanning it cant found the scanner in HP all-in-one., any idea again?

Collapse -

reinstall

by syed.azeez In reply to hey

Reinstall the HP scanner software and check.

Collapse -

tried that already

by vashz In reply to reinstall

I tried it 2 times including the driver and software but it didnt work..

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)