General discussion

HP4510 printer

By kanaloa98 ·
Considering the purchase of an HP4510 printer? Do you have HP4200 series printers on the same network? Please read before you install...
This HP4510 printer is brand spankin' new. The driver that comes with the HP4510 printer is a Universal Print Driver as they haven't come out with the "enhanced driver" yet. After I installed this printer on our network and used the driver that was on the CD, the HP4200 series printers started acting up. All HP4200 series printers started printing "PCL XL ERRORS" as well as printing the 2nd page of a multiple page document on top of the 1st page. After DAYS of trouble shooting this I called HP tech support. They suggested using the PCL5e driver as opposed to the PCL6, they then suggested using the HP4250 driver for this HP4510 printer. None of this has worked and after installing this printer, I have 4 printers down. I was sent a link by HP tech support for a Windows HOTFIX. This HOTFIX corrects the "UniDrv.DLL" - Microsoft claims that they have NOT thoroughly tested this so right now I'm testing this in a test environment.
I am extremely disappointed that HP would sell me this printer without an enhanced driver and I'm even more concerned that HP would send me this driver only to have it interfere with their OWN products.
Consider yourself warned...
HOTFIX --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948046

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Storage Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)