Question

• Creator
    Topic

i need help unlocking my dell D600 laptop

by stacey8685 ·

blog rootwhen i turn on the laptop it stops at a white screen saying enter administration password or primary password i brought from a friends friend bad idea lol and he says he doesnt no what wrong can anyone help

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by stacey8685 ·

In reply to i need help unlocking my dell D600 laptop

Clarifications

by balge ·

hi
      could be malware – virus or whatever.
      I would first ask for a refund from your ‘friends’ ‘friend’ – if it was doing this when you bought it
      failing that I would probably nuke it

http://www.dban.org/about

and then install your favourite OS from scratch
      cheers

Slap your friend

by patb071 ·

It is probably from a friend who stole it from another “friend”. Good job you are in posession of stolen property!! I say slap your friend for selling you a stolen laptop.

As previously posted…TR members do not assist password recovery.

by c f usa ·

in your other request for this (http://tinyurl.com/l2ncul)

TR members do not assist password recovery. Do not respond to this thread
      The members of TechRepublic – A Resource for IT Professionals, will not assist anyone in the recovery of lost passwords. You may have a legitimate reason to recover a password. However, we cannot verify your motives and will therefore not assist anyone in what may be an attempt at gaining unauthorized access to a computer system. Due to the open nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that we the members of TechRepublic will not take. Please do not ask questions of this nature on TechRepublic.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft’s technical support, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, etc.. To those viewing this post: Please DO NOT respond any further to this thread.

This template has been released under the GNU public license and you are encouraged to use it as a standard reply for questions of similar nature, provided that you make any modifications available to other users.

More Help

by the scummy one ·

At the BIOS screen, press the button combo to enter the setup options.
      Now, using a flathead screwdriver, pop off the “R” key (gently, you want to replace it soon).
      You should see a metal piece around where the center of the key would be. Use a philips or hex driver and ‘pop’ it out (covering the entire metal section with the driver, hit it until it pops out).
      Replace the “U” key
      This may cause the computer to appear to be ‘frozen’ for some time. Leave it alone for at least 10 minutes, the BIOS is now resetting the Windows administrator password.

After it completes, or after 10 minutes, reboot the system.
      When it prompts for an admin PW, type in “P.W.R.E.C.O.V.E.R.”, and press the key

Viewing 3 reply threads