General discussion

IE 5.01 title bar

By mamounm ·
I want to know how to change the writing in the title bar of IE 5.01. The bar that is blue on color at the very top, above the bar that has the "file", "edit", "View" etc.
Please I want to know how to change the writing in it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

by JnlGuy In reply to IE 5.01 title bar

Minimize all open programs then right click the mouse on the desktop and choose properties. Now left click on the "Appearance" tab. Next click on the words "Active Window". You should be able to change the color of the title bar and the font used for text. I hope this helps you out.

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

by mamounm In reply to IE 5.01 title bar

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

by dmiles In reply to IE 5.01 title bar

Answer 1 is on the right track,but you will have to highlight select the pane inside the window that you want to change colors of,then click on the font on each pane before the font bar is activated to give you options to change.

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

by Hasse MCSE/Brainbench In reply to IE 5.01 title bar

Hi!

I don't know the eact registry key for doing this, but if you use MS IEAK, Iternet Explorer Administration Kit, freely downloaded from MS.

You can create your own custom installation of IE and with this tool you can specify what the default text should be in IEs title bar.

So you can then type f.e. 'Distributed by Company Inc.'.

With this tool you can also specify the standard favorites and more.

Don't know any other way of doing this, there should be a registry key somewhere.

/Hasse

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

by drfox In reply to IE 5.01 title bar

Modifing the following value within the Registry will allow you to change the Windo Title:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\INTERNET EXPLORER\MAIN\WINDOW TITLE.

Using the IEAK method suggested above will also allow you to change other values as well, and is more efficient if this is to be carried out on several machines.

David

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

by saihib In reply to IE 5.01 title bar

The registry key you're looking for is buried deep. Using regedit, do a search for "Window Title" (no parentheses, but make sure you keep the spacing and capitalization). You will find several instances of this. You can also change the text in Outlook Express. It will be in HKEY_USERS and HKEY_CURRENT USER

Collapse -

IE 5.01 title bar

Back to Windows Forum
17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next