Question

Inspiron 8100 LCD Resizing

By bandomail ·
I'm experiencing a problem with my Inspiron 8100 laptop. I've always had a minor problem with the LCD display where the image would look awkward until I reset the ribbon cable connection to the motherboard. However, now, the display is resizing randomly at boot. Specifically, the basic blue Dell image that displays at initial boot only displays DEL. The last "L" is cut off. If I shut the machine down and restart, the problem usually goes away and the startup image displays completely. Resetting the ribbon cable doesn't appear to affect the problem.

The problem propagates into Windows by having the desktop workspace expanded beyond the LCD size. The upper left corner is displayed, but the right side and the bottom are off the screen. As such, it makes it very difficult to access the Start button, task tray, etc.

I've already ordered a new laptop as this one appears to be on it's last legs. So, my question is if anyone has experienced anything similar and can recommend a solution. If the remedy takes little or no money, I may fix it. If not, then you may see it on eBay very soon.

Thanks for any assistance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Laptops Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)