General discussion

Install. epson stylus photo 750 printer

By sbhuck ·
I had successfully installed my epson printer using a USB printer cable. It seemed to be working all right, but when I tried to use it the next time it would not print. I did all the obvious things that the program told me to do, but nothing worked.
When I right clicked on the printer icon, and checked properties, it was listed as my default printer. When I right clicked on the icon and went to system, the display tab gave me an error message--Error in finding registry information.
I am ata lost as to what to do know. Do I uninstall the printer and then try to reinstsall?
Thank you for any help I can get.
I have struggling with this for two days.

Wilbur Huck

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Install. epson stylus ph ...

Are you running Windows 95, or W98?
Windows 95 offers very limited USB support.

If Windows 98 or newer, start by installing the latest drivers for the chipset on your motherboard.
If this is a name brand system, just download the latest driversfrom the manufactures website.

Next, check for Windows Updates that relate to the USB port (www.microsoft.com/windows)

Check with Eposn to be sure that you have the latest drivers, then un-install, and re-install the printer.

If you are using a USB hub to connect multiple USB devices, make sure that the hub is powered and not a passive hub.

Chas

Collapse -

by sbhuck In reply to Install. epson stylus ph ...

This did the trick

Collapse -

by sbhuck In reply to Install. epson stylus ph ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)