Question

Install Template for all users in Office 2007

By jwatroba ·
I keep workstation images for my computers here at my company, so when I need to get a new employee up and running I just have to deploy the image, install office and a few other things and they're good to go. My problem is that I have some Excel Templates that I want to install on my images, but there is no template folder under the application data folder for All Users, just individual users. I would like to have these preinstalled so I don't have to deal with them after the fact, but it seems that the templates only work on a per-user basis, and I obviously cannot predict future employee profile names within the Docs and Settings folder, so I thought that the All Users folder would work. I've attempted creating the Templates folder but Office doesn't look there when looking for templates. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It's a bugger, that one...

by neilb@uk In reply to Install Template for all ...

There is no setting in Excel for specifying the default location for templates.

However, when you change the location where your Word 2007 templates are stored you also change the location where all Office 2007 templates are stored.

Start Word, click Office | Word Options | Advanced and locate the General group. Click File Locations | User Templates | Modify and in the modify location dialogue change the setting in the folder name list or the look in list to point to the folder where your templates will be saved.

Put your Excel templates in there and Excel will find them.

www.kbalertz.com/kb_924460.aspx

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)